A state-of-the-art facility and a new model of doing research.
Funded by Canada Foundation for Innovation, BC Knowledge Development Fund, Western Economic Diversification Canada, and SFU, our $65 million facility opened in 2010. 4D LABS offers a model where our users have open access to cutting edge analytical and fabrication equipment in one place. 4D LABS is your one-stop-shop institute for materials research.
- Class 100 Clean Room with Class 1 mini-environments
- specializing in microfabrication and nanofabrication
- advanced lithography, etching, and deposition tooling
- characterizing materials using SEM, FIB, STEM, EDS, EELS, AFM/STM
- specializing in high resolution electron and scanning probe microscopy
- characterizing materials using XPS, XRD, and others
- materials analysis and growth of thin films and crystals
- exploring new frontiers in photonics
- analysis of materials with nano- and femtosecond lasers
- advanced imaging with two-photon laser scanning confocal microscope
Visiting Scientists' Laboratory
- enabling face-to-face collaboration with researchers from around the world
A complete list of our capabilities.