Student Invention Competition 2012
Ever wake up in the middle of the night with a really great idea?
Do you hear yourself saying, “if we just had….”, or “wouldn’t it be better if….”?
Have you been sitting on an idea, just waiting for the right time and opportunity?
If so, we want to hear about you, and you certainly want to hear about this: 4D LABS announces its 2nd annual Student Invention Competition!
Come and tell us about your idea. If we like it, 4D LABS will offer you:
- access to our state-of-the-art $41M facility,
- technical expertise to help design, build and test your invention, and
- practical and personalized business training and consultation to get your invention from the benchtop to the market.
What are we looking for?
- Inventions that have technical merit and a significant market impact,
- innovative ideas that can be demonstrated in no longer than 8 months, and
- of course, those that use the 4D LABS resources and facilities.
Who is eligible?
- If you are an individual or a team of students from a post secondary institution in British Columbia, you are welcome to submit your idea for approval.
What is our process?
- Enter the competition by completing a Letter of Intent (LOI) and email it to: email@example.com by 15-Dec-2011. This form can be downloaded from the link to the right hand side.
- If we like your idea, we will ask you to visit us at Simon Fraser University’s Burnaby Mountain campus in early January to pitch your idea in a ~1/2hr PowerPoint presentation.
- We will announce the Competition Winners at the end of January.