Sputter system 1 - Ir/C
The Leica EM ACE600 high vacuum coating system is used for precise nanometer coating of samples for subsequent examination with an electron microscope.
- Carbon and iridium angled coating sources are configured.
- Iridium coating is achieved using the sputtering method where argon plasma erodes a target material.
- Carbon coating is achieved by carbon rod evaporation
- Automated stage rotation is integrated for best coating distribution.
- Integrated quartz crystal measurement accurately determines the layer thickness.
- Automated or manual height and tilt adjustment.
- Glow discharge capability uses argon plasma to makes samples & TEM grids hydrophilic.
- Any sample can be processed as long as it is not sensitive to vacuum, argon plasma or the heat generated during carbon coating.
|Model||Leica EM ACE600
|Typical Application||SEM sample coating|
|Related Documents||Standard Operating Procedure
|Training Contact||Xin Zhang - firstname.lastname@example.org|